Today’s topic is kinky stereotypes.
Please note! The items listed below are stereotypes. They are not representative of my thoughts!
Here are a few I know, but I’d love to hear more from you guys:
- men are dominant and women are submissive
- all female dominants are dominatrices/pro dommes. They all look like this:
- submissives (regardless of gender) are helpless doormats
- female submissives (or all submissives) are just looking for sex/are slutty
- BDSM is always about sex
- switches are just confused
- masochists were sickly as children
- sadists are all serial killers/psychopaths
Before you started reading BDSM fiction, had you heard of any of these stereotypes?
Did you believe any of them?
Were you surprised to find out they weren’t true after you’d started reading the genre?
Did you find out about these (or other) stereotypes through reading?